2011-08-25

The Angel's Game by Carlos Zafon

I decided to let a few days pass between finishing the book and writing this review because for me it was a magnificent experience that wanted to remain in my mind for just a little longer. I don't know why but I am very selective when it comes to literature, I tend to appreciate books of history and philosophy more, regardless of their quality. I had high hopes for "The Angel's Game" mainly because a well known Romanian philosopher, who I strongly appreciate, recommended it.

After going through the 471 pages of my Romanian edition I remained with a feeling that along the way a few things remained attached to my soul. This is not the type of book that deals with head aching philosophy, while not being excessively simple, and I think this makes it such a great text. It is a story about love, about the struggle for something more to life and ultimately it is a fight with our true enemy, death. The gothic descriptions and overall atmosphere are definitely captivating, I'm going to let you discover what is the angel's game.

No comments: