2012-01-19

Licia Verde, an introduction to cosmology

I'm saying this with no exaggeration, it's a tragedy that not more people look at the sky, because those who look at the sky end up by being hypnotized by its beauty. Licia Verde (astrophysicist) presents a great and captivating introduction to cosmology.

Licia Verde was born in Italy in 1971, currently she is a professor at ICREA in Spain. Each and every page of her CV (14 in total, although it's really summarized)  stands as evidence of her beautiful mind. The following quote is from her website:

I am an astrophysicist with interest in cosmology. My research topics include theoretical cosmology, cosmic microwave background, large scale structure, galaxy clusters, statistical applications and data analysis. I am interested in the study of the large-scale structure of the Universe and in the analysis of galaxy surveys.
I am involved with several projects: I am part of the Sloan Digital Sky Survey III, the EUCLID science working group, the BPOL (COrE) science working group and the LSST large scale structure study group. Also check out my research group at ICC ICC-Phys.Cosm and the extended group cosmole. 

Click the image bellow to be redirected to the video


I will also give you something extra, a video from the CERN website in which Licia is the speaker, enjoy.

No comments: